Social housing is restricted because of really low supply and very high demande

Waiting times for social housing when you look at the Square Mile are really long. In some circumstances, you might be anticipated to hold back a lot more than 10 years.

Housing join: how exactly to submit an application for social housing

It is possible to submit an application for social housing handled by the City of London Corporation through our Housing Register, you should have a City of London connection to be able to apply.

A current tenant for the City of London that is located in overcrowded accommodation or wishes/needs to downsize can use for a transfer.

You utilize the form that is same the waiting list, but you only have to deliver us evidence of any extra family relations in your home. We don’t need one to deliver proof for just about any loved ones which were you moved into your current property, however, please list the whole family on the form with you when.

A City of London tenant, whom wants to go to a house associated with the size that is same an additional location or property, will need to sign up for a shared trade through HomeSwapper and/or through other online providers.

From 1 2016 City of London secure tenants living in a studio property who are over 45 years of age are able to apply for a transfer into a one bedroom property april.

Please ask the Housing requirements Team for lots more details.

The City Corporation has two housing that is sheltered at Isleden home in Islington and Harman Close in Southwark.

The Housing Needs Team additionally administers applications towards the City of London Alms home Trust which has properties in Lambeth.

To qualify for the City Corporation’s sheltered housing and Alms home trust properties, candidates needs to be at the very least 66 years of age.

To try to get City Corporation’s housing for older people be sure to contact the Housing Needs Team or call 0207 332 1654 / 1237 / 3452.

Call the Housing requirements Team on 0207 332 1237/3452 for suggestions about housing choices open to you centered on your circumstances that are individual.

If you want to talk to us in individual, please phone and then make a consultation so we could make certain a worker can be obtained to see you.

Should you want to submit an application for a City Corporation home, you need to finish a housing form. When finished, the Housing Needs Team will evaluate both you and place your application into a band and award reasonable choice points.

Thoughts is broken regarding the Housing Register it will be possible to show your interest on available properties by putting in a bid making use of our option based system that is letting.

Domiciles might be offered towards the bidder within the greatest musical organization because of the greatest reasonable choice points.

You will find a large wide range of households from the City Corporation’s Housing enroll and now we aren’t able to provide a property to everybody whom applies

​Many individuals face a long watch for social housing and folks with reduced housing requirements may possibly not be rehoused after all. The City Corporation operates an allocations policy to ensure fairness in our decision making because there are far more people seeking council and housing association homes than available homes.

The City Corporation allocates some candidates through the Housing join towards the Housing Associations with which we work with partnership, particularly Guinness, Peabody Trust and Toynbee. This will be additionally done through the Selection Based Lettings scheme.

There isn’t any shortcut into the list that is waiting so you might intend to make alternate choices regarding the housing.

It is possible to approach your neighborhood people information, Toynbee Hall or any other advice that is independent for help.

Shelter can offer you with independent advice in what to do if you’re homeless or having issues along with your accommodation and will become ​ this is certainly homeless

The Housing Needs Team offer suggestions about housing choices open to you predicated on your individual circumstances.

Call the Housing requirements Team on 0207 332 1237/3452 for advice.

If you want to talk to us in individual, please call and work out an appointment therefore we could make sure a member of staff can be obtained to see you.

Require an interpreter?

Our company is additionally in a position to arrange phone interpreters for you.​​​​